The Province of Manitoba has announced funding for damages caused by the heavy rains and flooding that took place during May 17 to 21 and May 30 to 31. Property owners are encouraged to check and see if their damage is covered under Disaster Financial Assistance (DFA).
• Non-insurable damage to property such as principal residences and buildings essential to the operation of eligible farms and businesses
• Private Residential Property is an owner-occupied principal residence or a tenant-occupied residence.
• Small Business is an enterprise with yearly gross revenues as reported for income tax purposes of at least $10,000 but not more than $2 million and employing not more than the equivalent of 20 full-time employees.
• Non-Profit Organization is an organization that operates ‘not-for-profit’ and has a facility with unrestricted access by the community or provides services to the community.
For more information and to obtain an application form:
• Go Online: www.manitobaemo.ca
• Phone: 204-945-3050 in Winnipeg or Toll free at 1-888-267-8298.
Deadline for applications is August 15th, 2013.