Here is an opportunity to get rid of those unused reusable items that are taking up space in your home. Curbside Give Away Weekend takes place September 27 & 28, 2013. Simply place items at your curb between 9 am and 8 pm marked “FREE” to invite residents to help themselves to your disposed goods. All articles must be removed from the curb by 8 pm each day.
This event is organized by resident Tony Klassen. For more information you can contact him at 204-822-4436.
Giveaway items could include:
• Books, CDs and DVDs
• Old furniture and small appliances
• Construction materials – including drywall and hardware such as nails, bolts and screws
• Kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans
• Unwanted gifts
Please consider safety when deciding which items to set out to the curb.
Rules for setting out items
• Place items at the curb
• Place stickers or signs on items with the word “FREE”
• Ensure any items that you want to keep are away from your giveaway treasures or tucked away safely in your garage
• At the end of the day, bring any uncollected items back to your home
Giveaway Weekend Etiquette
• Respect other people’s property, don’t walk on people’s lawns and gardens
• Take only the treasures marked FREE at the curb
• Don’t discard previously picked-up treasures on another person’s lawn
We wish you best of luck in finding hidden treasures. It’s another way to reduce our waste and protect our most precious treasure – the environment.