Landfill – SWAMP
Landfill – SWAMP Information
The regional landfill site (SWAMP) is aimed at providing an environmental way of dealing with the waste from the entire region. Where possible, all business and residential customers are encouraged to follow the 3R principal: reduce, reuse and recycle. Please use local composting facilities for composting of leaves and grass clippings. Take advantage of Household Hazardous Waste collection days when they are advertised. One of the latest additons to the recycling effort is the collection of E-waste. Electronic goods are now accepted at the recycling depots in Morden and Winkler.
What is SWAMP?
SWAMP is owned jointly by the City of Winkler, City of Morden and RM of Stanley. The name comes from the project name Solid Waste Area Management Plan.
4 miles North of PTH 14 on 428, 2 miles East, 3/4 mile North.
Winkler, MB R6W 4A7
Public Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
General Public Tipping Fees (Fees include WRARS Levy)
- $ 17.00 Appliances Containing CFC
- $ 7.50 per 200 kg
- $ 37.00 per Metric Tonne (Garbage)
- $22.00 per Metric Tonne (Wood)
- NOTE: RATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
New WRARS Levy
As of January 1st, 2010 all rates include a $10.00 per tonne WRARS levy which SWAMP submits to the Province. (WRARS = Waste Reduction and Recycling Support) The Province then rebates most of this money (80%) to communities which have recycling programs and the rest is used for hazardous waste programs, e-waste programs and for general promotion of recycling programs.
- No Hazardous Wastes will be accepted at SWAMP
- No Vehicles, dead livestock, contaminated soil, or clean cardboard will be accepted
- There will be a $17.00 charge for appliances with CFC
- All vehicles must be properly secured and covered when transporting waste to SWAMP. Uncovered loads will have a surcharge of $50.00