Road Weight Restrictions
The City of Morden By-Law 13BL11-Traffic Control covers all issues of traffic control. Below we have pulled out the sections that apply to truck traffic and what the restrictions are.
CITY OF MORDEN TRUCK ROUTES
- Route 100, Thornhill Street to South limit of Section 5-3-5W.
- First Street North, Thornhill Street to North limit of Town.
- Fifth Street, Thornhill Street to South Railway Street.
- Ninth Street, Thornhill Street to South Railway Street.
- Mountain Street.
- Wardrop Street, First Street North to Second Street.
- Thornhill Street.
- Stephen Street, Route 100 to Mountain Street.
- North Railway Street, Fourth Street to Ninth Street.
- South Railway Street, Route 100 to Mountain Street.
- Grant Street, Route 100 to West limit of Plan 1627.
- Enterprise Street.
- Jefferson Street.
- Cochlan Drive.
- Cochlan Drive, East.
- Agri Street.
- Twelfth Street, South Railway Street to South limit of Plan 1924.
- Service road on the north side of PTH #3 from Mountain Street to the entrance off PTH #3 located by Westside Community Church
ROUTE OF TRUCK TRAFFIC
- All trucks and truck tractors within the City of Morden shall be operated only over and along the streets or sections of streets set forth as Truck Routes on Schedule “A” hereto, but any truck may operate upon any street where necessary to the conduct of business at a destination point, provided that Truck Routes are used until reaching the intersection nearest the destination point. Upon leaving the destination point, a truck or truck tractor shall return by the shortest routing to a Truck Route.
- All streets and sections of streets set forth as Truck Routes in Schedule “A” hereto shall be further identified as Truck Routes by appropriate Truck Route signs except where Sections (3) and (4) of Part VII apply, and shall remain open as Truck Routes, Sunday to Saturday, both days inclusive, at all times.
- Where “Route” signs of the type approved by the Highway Traffic and Motor Transport Board of the Province of Manitoba for use in and adjacent to the City of Morden are installed and maintained on a street or section of street, the street or section of street shall be deemed to be a Truck Route within the terms of this By-law.
- Where Provincial Trunk Highway signs or Provincial Road signs of the Province of Manitoba are installed and maintained on a street or section of street, the street or section of street shall be deemed to be a truck Route within the terms of this By-law.
- The operator of a truck or semi tractor may go off the Truck Route to his residence or business, if the truck is unladen except for non-commercial goods or belongings or for the purpose of emergency repairs.
- The Director of Public Works shall keep and maintain a current map setting out the streets and sections of streets set forth as Truck Routes in Schedule 1 hereto, and shall make available to the public, copies of the map at no charge.
ENGINE RETARDANT BRAKES PROHIBITED
- Unless otherwise stated the operation of engine retardant brakes shall be prohibited within the City of Morden.
- Persons may only operate engine retardant brakes when approaching the City of Morden from the west on PTH #3 and from the south and north on PTH #432 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.