The Morden Fire Department is responsible for;
- Fire & Rescue – Providing fire suppression, fire protection and rescue services.
- Safety Education -Supplying the community with educational skills in areas of in-school fire awareness programs, Emergency Response Plans for residential and business occupancies and Portable Fire Extinguisher training.
- Inspections – Providing related fire safety code inspections.
- Environmental Protection – Providing assistance in environmental protection, which includes recycling of Household Hazardous Waste Roundup and response to Toxic Spills
- Disaster Services – Coordinate planning and provision of disaster services in cooperation with all protective and support services, Manitoba Emergency Measures Organization and mutual aid partners, including corporate business continuation planning.
Fire Chief’s Message . . . . .
Our team of volunteer firefighters are proud to be able to serve our community.This service cannot be given without the support of the community. We would like to recognize the support that the Fire Department receives by listing the groups and individuals below:
- The employers who allow the volunteer firefighters to leave their jobs without a moments notice. (See list below.)
- The schoolteachers who allow us into their classrooms for public education sessions.
- The local media who assist us in promoting our causes through the newspapers and radio.
- The City of Morden which supports us by providing us with equipment, funding and specialist training.
- The very special firefighters and their families who collectively give thousands of hours each year responding to emergencies and attending the specialist training. (See list below.)
I would also like to say a big thank you to the community as a whole for their support of the fire department by being diligent in their efforts to have a fire safe environment in their homes and in their places of work. Click on the useful links below which will give you more information on fire related issues.
Andy Thiessen – Fire Chief – City of Morden
Morden Fire Chief – Andy Thiessen
Morden Fire Hall
194 Thornhill Street
Morden, MB, R6M 1C9
Emergency phone: 911
Administration Telephone: 204-822-3888
Mailing Address: 103-195 Stephen Street, Morden, MB, R6M 1V3
Office Hours – Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 12:00 Noon and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.