To duties of the Executive Assistant may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform a wide variety of executive secretarial and administrative duties as required by daily operations in the City Manager’s office.
- Represent the City to the public, business people, Council members and other agencies at the request of the City Manager.
- Analyze and prepare routine staff reports and documents; draft correspondence for City Manager’s signature.
- Research and analyze administrative projects for the City Manager; prepare first draft reports.
- Screen City Manager’s mail, phone calls and visitors ascertaining urgency of the issue, whether the City Manager need personally respond and, if possible, personally responding or routing to the appropriate City staff member or department for proper response and follow-up.
- Provide follow-up assignments given to management staff by the City Manager; provide status reports to the City Manager.
- Independently respond to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature.
- Make travel arrangements; maintain appointment schedules and calendars; arrange meetings and conferences.
- Work directly with the Mayor and City Council on a continuing basis performing such tasks as planning and managing special events and provide miscellaneous clerical support as requested.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Serves as Recording Secretary for Council meetings, prepare agendas, minutes.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Executive Assistant – Darlene Ehnes, CMMA
City of Morden
100 – 195 Stephen Street, Morden, R6M 1V3