You are cordially invited to our Pride & Prejudice Ball in Morden, MB!
Tickets include 2 dance practices
(Time and Location TBA)
Partners are not required and can be arranged at practices and at the ball.
Costumes are encouraged for the ball, but not required. See costume suggestions below.
The Pride & Prejudice Ball is taking place at Pembina Threshermen’s Museum.
Located on Hwy 3 just west of the hospital lights between Winkler and, Morden, MB R6W 4B2 (Look for the “tractor in the sky!”)
N 49º 11.488 W 098º 00.907
Saturday October 26, 7pm
Our ball will include refreshments, dessert, photo opportunities and lots of dancing. Local musicians will be playing all of our music at the ball on October 26!
Need Costume Information? Read Below!
Typical Regency Ball Attire:
- A full-length, empire waisted gown in a soft fabric with fully covered shoulders. A white muslin gown represents the Regency era very well, but gowns came in many colours.
- Ballet Flat style shoes, often tied with ribbons
- Accessories: Elbow length white gloves, white stockings, a “Reticule” purse, a fan, a shawl, bracelets, necklaces, stud or drop earrings
- Hair: worn up with adornments such as tiaras, combs, headpieces, feathers / flowers, or turbans
1. A cut away frock coat (a tail coat with a high collar, single or double breasted; called a “cut away” coat because the front was “cut away” leaving the tails in the back)
2. A waistcoat (vest)
3. A white, high-collared shirt (was a long sleeved chemise, often with a ruffled front–a modern dress shirt works well)
4. A white cravat (a modern cravat or a 4″ wide, 6′ long length of light muslin or lawn tied around the neck over the collar finished in a bow.)
5. Fall-Front Breeches (pants that end at the knee that have a “fall front”–before zippers existed) with white socks OR
6. Trousers were also worn
7. Oxford style dress shoes
8. Historical military dress and traditional cultural dress (ex. kilts) were also common
9. Accessories: walking stick, top hat (for outdoors), pocket watch, watch fob, white gloves, lorgnettes
10. Hair: typically worn short or tied back and mainly clean shaven
For more information on how to source a ball costume click here.